Under certain circumstances, when registering for a training campus demo or purchasing products, Edu-Performance Canada requires that you provide your name, address, e-mail address and other information. For example, Edu-Performance Canada may ask you to provide certain pertinent information when you make a purchase or a transaction through www.eduperformance.com/en or when you become a user of one of their Tactic! LMS platforms. In addition, if you communicate with Edu-Performance Canada, it is possible that the exchange is kept on file.
As an individual user, the following information is collected:
- First and last name
- Email Address
- Province of your home for tax billing purposes
The use that you make of the platform can also be collected with regards to the follow-up of the training, the profile of both the competence level and the transactions carried out (costs and hours).
The www.eduperformance.com site offers its registered users the opportunity to view the identification information from their user profile. Currently, to view information about you, you must go to the campus accessible from www.eduperformance.com/en. To modify or correct the information contained therein, please contact the Site Administrator. The information collected by Edu-Performance Canada is for internal use only. This information can help in processing your order, answering your questions, and eventually contacting you. Edu-Performance Canada would like to inform you that its partners have no access to confidential and personal information about you and that it does not market its user lists. If data is collected and / or processed by any other company than Edu-Performance Canada or Edu-Performance Europe, you will be notified. You may also refuse to receive information about updates and new products and services offered by www.eduperformance.com/en.
You can indicate your refusal during the initial data collection by following the instructions on the form. In addition, any material sent by email includes simple instructions at the bottom on how to not receive such messages.
In some jurisdictions, applicable laws may allow you to request a copy of your personal information that we hold. You may also be permitted to ask us for a copy of your personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format and/or to have us send this personal information to another service provider.
In general, we will retain your personal information as long as necessary to provide you with Edu-Performance Canada’s products and services or while your account is active. If you no longer want us to use your personal information to provide you with Edu-Performance Canada’s products and services, you may ask us to close your account and delete your personal information. If you are closing your account or requesting the deletion of your personal information, please note the following:
- Edu-Performance Canada may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with its legal obligations. For example, Edu-Performance Canada may retain some of your personal information for tax, legal and audit purposes.
- Edu-Performance Canada may retain certain information necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as the detection and prevention of fraud and the enhancement of user security, and to defend itself in the context of claims. For example, if Edu-Performance Canada deletes a user’s account for security or fraud reasons, Edu-Performance Canada may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Edu-Performance Canada account in the future.
- Information you have shared with others (such as ad comments and forum postings) may continue to be public on www.eduperformance.com, even after your account is closed. Some copies of your information (such as log data) may remain in our database, but are separated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain www.eduperformance.com to protect it from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a period of time.
In some jurisdictions, applicable laws may give you the right to limit how we use your personal information, particularly in cases where:
- You dispute the accuracy of your personal information;
- The treatment is illegal and you oppose the deletion of your personal information;
- We no longer require your personal information for processing, but you require information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- You have made an objection to the treatment under the paragraph below and pending analysis as to whether the legitimate interests of Edu-Performance Canada take precedence over yours.
In some jurisdictions, the applicable law may allow you to require that Edu-Performance Canada not use your personal information for certain specific purposes (such as profiling and marketing) if such processing is based on a legitimate interest. Should you require it, Edu-Performance Canada will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate serious and legitimate reasons for such treatment or that such processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.